Indiana Anti-Bullying Law
If you are being bullied on school grounds, according to state law, you may contact the followng authoraties:
- School Principal, teacher, and/or counselor.
- School Superintendent.
If you are being cyber-bullied you may report the harassment to the following people,
- Website, application, server administrator.
In the state of Indiana "Bullying" is defined as the act of verbal or written acts of harassment or intimidation including through electronic means.
|Include electronic harassment||Yes|
|Require School Policy||Yes|
|Include off campus behaviors?||No|
- State has a law pertaining to bullying
- The term cyberbullying is NOT specifically included
- The law does include electronic harassment
- The law does NOT provide for criminal sanctions
- The law does have a school policy on bullying
- State does NOT follow federal law for off-campus bullying behavior
There is no official policy for OFF-CAMPUS incidents in the state of Indiana.
1Horowitz, M. & Bollinger, D.M. (2014). Cyberbullying in social media within educational institutions. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield